Re: survey

Andy-- neat to see what you're doing.  I'm doing similar stuff, but with
three-finger style of banjo.  I've just finished a book/tape on it & if you
send me your address, I'll send you a free copy.

Best regards,
Pete Rushefsky
218 Lexington Ave.
Buffalo, NY  14222
716-857-4481 (w)
716-883-5938 (h)
rushefsky (at) healthcareplan(dot)org

----------
> From: Andrew Rubin <andyrubin (at) jps(dot)net>
> To: World music from a Jewish slant. <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
> Subject: Re: survey
> Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 4:47 AM
>

> Wow! It's fun to see what y'all are interested in Jewish music-wise!  My
> name's
> Andy Rubin and I run an "old timey klezmer" band out here in Sacramento
> called The Freilachmakers Old Time String Band. We do concerts and other
> gigs all around the area, and are presently readying our first CD. (For
> more band info, dial up our web page:  www.jps.net/morissa/freilach.htm)
> I'm a clawhammer style 5-string banjo player totally dedicated to
adapting
> that instrument and style of playing to klezmer music. (Well, on second
> thought, I'm not sure what's adapting to what, but the result is pretty
> fun.)  I also pick a mandolin & guitar. Ari, I enjoy your list very much,
> particularly the klezmer discussions, and appreciate the service your are
> providing. Kol ha-kavod!!
>
> -Andy Rubin
>

> >>Dear Ari and Gang,
> >>
> >>I didn't know, Ari, whether you'd like the survey responses privately
or to
> >>the list, but since I trust I am in the minority, I am taking the
liberty of
> >>replying to the list.
> >
> >Thanks, Steve, and yes, I do hope that people will respond to
> >the list and that we'll see a broader range of discussion as
> >participants realize that there are others with many and diverse
> >interests reading the list. (I hope that this also helps people
> >find others for e-mail conversations, as well.)
> >
> >For that matter, if people know of online resources of interest
> >to the group, don't hesitate to mention them.
> >
> >ari
> >

> >Ari Davidow
> >The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
> >owner: jewish-music mailing list