Re: survey

Wow! It's fun to see what y'all are interested in Jewish music-wise!  My
name's
Andy Rubin and I run an "old timey klezmer" band out here in Sacramento
called The Freilachmakers Old Time String Band. We do concerts and other
gigs all around the area, and are presently readying our first CD. (For
more band info, dial up our web page:  www.jps.net/morissa/freilach.htm)
I'm a clawhammer style 5-string banjo player totally dedicated to adapting
that instrument and style of playing to klezmer music. (Well, on second
thought, I'm not sure what's adapting to what, but the result is pretty
fun.)  I also pick a mandolin & guitar. Ari, I enjoy your list very much,
particularly the klezmer discussions, and appreciate the service your are
providing. Kol ha-kavod!!

-Andy Rubin

>>Dear Ari and Gang,
>>
>>I didn't know, Ari, whether you'd like the survey responses privately or to
>>the list, but since I trust I am in the minority, I am taking the liberty of
>>replying to the list.
>
>Thanks, Steve, and yes, I do hope that people will respond to
>the list and that we'll see a broader range of discussion as
>participants realize that there are others with many and diverse
>interests reading the list. (I hope that this also helps people
>find others for e-mail conversations, as well.)
>
>For that matter, if people know of online resources of interest
>to the group, don't hesitate to mention them.
>
>ari
>

>Ari Davidow
>The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
>owner: jewish-music mailing list