Re: Cartoon music klezmer?

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Solidarity Foundation wrote:

> version of klezmer. If anyone, like Seth Rogovoy, really thinks there
> is a great similarity between klezmer music and cartoon music, it's
> probably because their odea of klezmer music was formed by groups
> like the Klezmorim and, sadly, they are less familiar with the real
> stuff.

WHoa! Excuse me? What exactly did I say to deserve this veiled insult?
You are welcome to come browse my Klezmer CD collection and I think you
will find plenty of what you might consider "real stuff" there (although I
don't accept the inferred terminology), all of which I am quite familiar
with, thank you.

--Seth Rogovoy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->