Re: Cartoon music klezmer?

>I saw the Klezmorim do a stage bit about the klezmer musicians who wrote
>cartoon music. They would play a tune while moving like cartoon characters.
>However....
>
>I have as yet to find anyone who could actually NAME one of those supposed
>klezmer artists. It sounded to me like lore manufactured to fit the shtik.
>
>Anyone know different?
>

>Dan Peck

Probably most klezmer musicians were not technically equipped to write the
very exacting scores needed for cartoon music. The mathematics of getting
every beeb, bonk and boing in place is impressive and I doubt that very
many klezmerim were capable of handing that kind of exacting writing.

Eric Goldberg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->