Re: Cartoon music klezmer?

Recently Ari Davidow wrote:

  <There was a brilliant lecture by Martin Schwartz
  back in '78 or '79 on the evolution from klezmer =to= cartoon
  soundtracks (concluding with a duet featuring Martin and his
  mother, z"l). It's actually where I met Lev for the first time.
  I don't recall any of the specific sources, but obviously Marty
  Schwartz would know, or perhaps Lev.>

I was talking to Marty on the phone and mentioned this to him today. Since
he's not on the list, here's what he says: "Hi to Ari, and thank you very
much for the compliment. But are you sure that my 'brilliant lecture'
involved cartoon music and klezmer music, and not American jazz/popular
music of the '20s, '30s, and '40s and klezmer music?"

Anyway, Marty says he has never spoken on the subject of cartoon music,
doesn't know a lot about it, and has no material or opinion on the subject.
 :-)  But he's really glad you liked the lecture! He thinks it must have
been a presentation on klezmer and American pop/jazz.

(One more thing, just in case there was a misimpression, if he sang with
his mother, it wouldn't have been with her in person but with a recording
of her singing.)

Hope I didn't just muddy the waters further,
Sandra

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->