Re: Contemporary Israeli music

zevchik (at) aol(dot)com (Zevchik) wrote:

> Hi. I'm interested in expanding my collection and knowledge of
> contemporary Israeli music. I'm not talking about folk music/hora type
> stuff, I'm really much more interested in pop/rock/whatever. There used to
> be a radio program here in the Philadelphia area that did a couple hours
> of Israeli music/week, but it's gone and all I know about is a couple of
> albums from David Broza, Machina, Yardena Arazi, and a couple others.
> Where can I hear/learn more without mail-ordering CD's from NY at $18-21 a
> pop (and having no idea of whether or not I'll like the music)?
>
> Thanks,
> Zev
> zevchik (at) aol(dot)com

Funny you should ask that, Zev, but in a few days, The Judaic
Broadcasting Radio Network will be announcing whre in Philadelphia our
falgship program "Phil Fink's Shalom America" will be broadcast.  The
program is broadcast from Cleveland and nationally synicated
a Philly station is changing hands and the new owners are picking up
"Shalom America" stay tuned to alt.music.jewish for more info...

Shawn M. Fink
Producer
Judaic Broadcasting Radio Network

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->