Re: Chazan Kasivitzky

In article <3qbca1$je1 (at) panix2(dot)panix(dot)com>,
Jeffrey Bock <ilduce (at) panix(dot)com> wrote:
>In <3q34lb$qls (at) ixnews4(dot)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com> rast (at)
>ix(dot)netcom(dot)com (Mervyn) writes:
>
>>In <3ovv6d$1fa (at) newsbf02(dot)news(dot)aol(dot)com> wfrankel18 (at)
>>aol(dot)com (WFrankel18)
>>writes:
>Actually, I have been slightly disappointed by this recording, because
>the singing is accompanied by an organist which makes it sound like
>church music.  Any recommendations out there for something slightly more
>pure (it needn't be by Koussevitzky.  I'm looking for "authentic" and
>traditional rather than unique or exciting interpretations).
>
>--Jeffrey

Try Yoselle Rosenblatt. His recordings (from the 30's, I believe) have
been reissued. Although he may have used an organ in his recordings,
I would say that he was certainly authentic.

IzM

--
          izm (at) panix(dot)com       Israel Moskowitz         WA2ZKG