Re: Chazan Kasivitzky

In article <3ovv6d$1fa (at) newsbf02(dot)news(dot)aol(dot)com> wfrankel18 (at)
aol(dot)com (WFrankel18) writes:
>CORRECTION THAT NAME IS SPELLED "KUSIVITZKY.'the best known of the
>brothers was moshe who served congregationsb in warsaw, poland and
>brooklyn , n.y. another brother david brooklyn , n.y. there were 2more
>whose name i donot recall.

Another brother is Simcha who was the chazan at the synagogue that I attended
in Cape Town, South Africa - Tiferet Israel Synagogue. I'm not sure if Simcha
is still alive, as I left South Africa in 1983 - but he had/has a great voice.
He was very emotional in his singing and I will never forget his version of
kiddush where he would emphasize the words 'zecher, zecher".

Selwyn Wener (selwyn (at) sq(dot)com)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->