Re: Hatikvah

My posting about the early sources of the tune which became "Hatikvah"
was not fantasy, but *fact*, in spite of Professor Jacobson's insulting
statement. I have seen the tune in Playford's "Dancing Master," and early
instrumental settings by Zanetti (4-part), Giamberti (2-part), and Marini
(trio sonata). I suspect that if Professor Jacobson actually knew these
settings (instead of basically denying their existence, which makes it
unecessary in his eyes to look at them), even he would have a hard time
trying to prove them not to be the same tune.

Hope Ehn                    <ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>

Dennis and Hope Ehn are 2 different people sharing one account.
Hope is the author of "On-Line Resources for Classical & Academic Musicians."
Dennis does programming (mostly C++).
PLEASE don't get us confused!                                 :-)
<ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>