Re: songs about mothers, fathers and mothers in law

It does, but more likely IMO it derives from the German "Schwieger-" (e.g.,
Schwiegermutter = mother-in-law) which is pronounced identically to the
Yiddish. However, IIRC, both the Spanish and German form share a common Latin
root, which I can't remember (don't really remember any of my Latin). Got a
memory problem, I forget what. ;-P

Richard