Re: Jewish music and food

These are foods and drink mentioned in songs that we do: chicken soup,
tsimmes, lokshn soup, kasha, kneydlekh, mamaliga, pastrami, sunflower seeds,
oranges, pistachio nuts, wine, schnapps, tea.... lots of possibilities!

GOLEM
"from Eastern Europe to East New York"
http://www.golemrocks.com

>From: Farfl's House <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: Jewish music and food
>Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:57:49 -0400
>
>I have a 78 of a great tune called "Gefilte Fish".  I think a version was
>re-released on that multi-disc set of "Yiddish" music from France - the one
>with Josef Rosenblatt on the cover listening to a stand-up phonograph.
>I seem to remember an LP / cookbook set in my basement archives somewhere
>that has music and recipes of the Jewish variety!  If you're interested in
>more information I'd be happy to scan the cover for you and offer any
>pertinent information.
>Best Regards,
>Steven
>
>>Subject:
>>Jewish music and food
>>From:
>>"Katie Marcus" <kmarcus (at) jccdet(dot)org>
>>Date:
>>Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:58:26 -0400
>>To:
>>World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>>

>>Weird question:
>>
>>I'm trying to brainstorm for food items that might be related to Jewish
>>music  Could anyone offer advice?

Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.
http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles