Re: jewish music in bible

hello my name is leor and I recieved your email as a forward. i am very
interested in the music and the bible, would you be able to possible give me
any details on where  could begin my research. i am really interested in
looking in to the origins of music and also the folk lore aspect of it.
any info you are able to give would be greatly appreciated
Yours faithfully leor

Abigail Wood <a(dot)c(dot)wood (at) soton(dot)ac(dot)uk> wrote:

Malka,

You should also check out Joachim Braun's work on Biblical musical
instruments:
Braun, J., 2002, Music in Ancient Israel/Palestine: Archaeological,
Written and Comparative Sources. Cambridge, MA: Eerdmans.
He also wrote the section on Biblical instruments in the Grove
dictionary; the book also contains a huge bibliography on Biblical
music-making.

all best,

Abigail

--Abigail Wood

Lecturer in Music, School of Humanities
University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Tel: ++44 (0)23 8059 5064 University network: 25064