Re: Yiddish poetry

You might check out the poetry of Eliezer Schindler (z"l), set to music by
Yehoshua Vitter.

Eliszer is the father of Alex Schindler who heads the Reform movement--he was
an expert on Chassidut and a published poet in "the old country". Coming to
America, he realized that the market was no longer there. He simply
distributed his book to every public library he could think of, all over the
western hemisphere!

Vitter's setting are not always in easy keys and no chords are given (but you
can always transpose and set to your own chords). I have English translations
of a lot of this stuff if there is interest, The Yiddish vocabulary is fairly
simple and accessible and the poetry is lovely.