Re: Yiddish poetry

Do you know Jascha Nemtsovs CD´s, especially >On Wings of Jewish Songs< and
>The New Jewish School: St.Petersburg - Moscow - Berlin - Vienna (Double-CD)<?
Unfortunately the singer doesn´t know yiddish very well, but have a look at
http://www.musica-judaica.com/disco.htm

Jascha Nemtsov, pianist, is researching about the New Jewish School (St.
Peterburg, Moscow and so on), you might also mean such art music compositions
(from Solomon Rosowsky, Pesach Lvov, Moshe Milner, Michail Gnessin, Joseph
Achron; texts for example from Itsik Fefer). They more set music to Hebrew
Texts, but also to Yiddish ones.
You can contact him, he is very friendly but not in this list? I´m sure he
knows more than those few published songs (and he will know someone who
knows...).

Happy Listening,

Janina Wurbs