-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Judith Pinnolis
Sent: 3 December 2003 8:12pm
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Blues and Jews

BLUES
So many of you are interested in the Blues, ....so I thought I'd pass along
the "Document Records" Newsletter address.... it's a newsletter about old
recordings in the blues and jazz, gospel etc. (out of UK, no less). They're
remastering old 78s and other vintage recordings... I haven't bought
anything from them, but it's interesting to read and see the great heritage
recordings and artists.

http://www.document-records.co.uk/newsletters/newsletter-16.htm

AND JEWS

A few days ago, I discovered a wonderful work-around for those of you who
don't have "flash" on your computers, and can't use the new interface for
the Freedman catalogue at UPenn. It turns out that Google must have crawled
the site some time back, using the old interface, and you can do your
searching right through Google!... Just add the term 'freedman catalogue' to
your search, and it gets right in, and searches the catalogue for you!
Pretty cool.  For example, your search could say "freedman catalogue abi
gezunt"  for a title search or "freedman catalogue gebirtig" for a name
search. Once you're "in" the catalogue, you can make your way around inside
the catalogue, just as before.

Judy