Re: Klezmer radio

This posting made me curious to see what was on the Klezmershack re links to
radio programs (since I'd long ago given up on Klezmer online due to continual
problems) and I noted that our local Yiddish radio is not listed.

So try

http://www.sbs.com.au/radio_new/index.html

for the home page of the Special Broadcasting Service in Australia.

The "streaming audio on demand" box allows you to select Yiddish, where you'll
hear this week's Yiddish program.

The Language groups "featured languages" box allows you to listen to archived
segments of yiddish radio on a variety of topics varying from health, history,
politics, local Australian issues and events (including the Melbourne Cup...[the
world's only horse race which is reputed to "stop a nation!"), world jewry and
more.

Regards,

Lionel.