Re: Milken conference

I'm hoping to untangle my notes and post them to the KlezmerShack over the
next few days, but I think that Elliot Kahn has already written that there
wasn't anything about Shoenberg in Babbit's panel (or nothing more than
parenthetical comments). The talk on Bloch was very interesting, but rushed
- caught between an overlong 2nd presentation, and the need to present a
5pm concert as close to 5pm as possible. One consequence is that Babbit
spoke less than one hoped, and when he spoke, it was to Jewish geography.

As Elliot has already written, that concert was a short  piece by Yehudi
Weiner, preceded by a short talk, and some examples of some songs by his
father. It was stunning.

ari