masinke postscript

Last August I sent a request about whether it was kosher to honor a father
the way one does the mother when doing the "mazinke" circle.

Many people responded on and off-list - thank you! - it was helpful.

I thought what finally transpired was humorous & that I'd share it with you.

The woman who led the mazinke circle was Orthodox and, I assumed, had been
clued in to my list-informed answer to the kale that it was OK to honor the
dad.  Well she did, and then invited, respectively, the siblings, extended
family, and friends, into the circle!

I guess that's an example of how Jewish customs evolve...

Dena