Re: Moses Ri-tooral-ai-ay

10/13/03

Apropos to Kerith Spencer-Shapiro's announcement, those interested in Irish
Jewry and, particularly for this list, Jewish and Irish music, I have an update
in the scheduled showings of Shalom Ireland, Valerie Lapin Ganley's documentary
portrait of the Irish Jewish community, past and present (see below).

(As I announced last month to the Jewish Music list, the soundtrack for this
movie was done by Ceilizemer, a melding of the Sacramento Jewish group The
Freilachmakers Klezmer String Band and the Oakland Irish group Driving With
Fergus. The music, which is resolutely acoustic and traditional, can be
obtained on CD at www.cdbaby.com or through the website of either of these
bands:  www.freilachmakers.com  or  www.drivingwithfergus.com)

Moedim l'simcha!!

-Andy Rubin
Ceilizemer and The Freilachmakers Klezmer String Band

www.freilachmakers.com

916-324-3477 (daytime)
916-484-1176 (evening)
>From the filmmaker:
Shalom Ireland chronicles the history of Irish Jewry while celbrating the
unique culture created by blending Irish and Jewish traditions. From gun
running for the Irish Republican Army during Ireland's War of Independence to
smuggling fellow Jews escaping from the Holocaust into Palestine, Shalom
Ireland tells the untold story of how Irish Jews participated in the creation
and development of both Ireland and Israel.

Upcoming Shalom Ireland Screenings

Mon., Oct. 20, 2003                          Milwaukee Jewish Film Festival,
Marcus North Shore Cinema

Oct. 28 ? Nov. 9, 2003                     International Jewish Film Festival,
Laemmle Theatre, Los Angeles

Nov. 1, 4:00pm, 2003                       Congregation Beth Am, Los Altos Hills

Thurs., November 13, 8pm              Boston Jewish Film Festival, Museum of
Fine Arts, Boston

Nov. 13 -30, 2003                        Australia Festival of Jewish Cinema,
                                                       Melbourne, Sydney

Dec. 4 ? 14, 2003                             Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival

Dec. 6 ? 14, 2003                             Miami Jewish Film Festival

Dec. 10, 2003, 7:00pm                    Washington, D.C. Jewish Film Festival

Jan. 14 ? Feb. 5, 2004                     New York Jewish Film Festival

Feb. 5-15, 2004                                San Diego Jewish Film Festival

May 8 ? 13, 2004                              Montreal Jewish Film Festival