Papir is dokh vays: it's driving me crazy

I've been learning this song and it began to sound more and more... English. In
fact it began to sound more and more like a song from one of the A L Lloyd
collections, or Cecil Sharp's Folk Songs of Somerset. I looked in the Penguin
Book of English Folk Songs and found one or two that seemed to belong to the
same tune family. According to the Mloteks it was published by ? Cahan in 1913.
Can anyone throw any light?

Lucy Fisher

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.