Song Resources and Bees in the Sukkah

I have been asked by a friend to write notes for a dozen Hebrew, Yiddish and
klezmer tunes he is including in a new publication.  Do any of my resourceful
listmembers have an idea of the most fruitful places to research the
background and authorship (or composership) of such standard melodies as OY
HANUKE, ANI
PURIM, S'VIVON,
DAVID MELECH YISRAEL, etc.?  Thanks in advance!

And although it's off-topic, I'd like to share some things I've learned about
bees (yellow jackets, actually) and how to avoid them in your sukkah (having
recently been stung by one).

1. To repel wasps, hang sheets of (scented) Bounce around the sukkah,
especially  near entrances.  To keep them away from you, put a sheet in your
pocket.

2. If you do get stung, here are some remedies:
       a. Put a bag of ice or frozen veggies on it as soon as possible to
stop swelling.
       b. Make a paste of Adolph's Meat Tenderizer and apply it to the sting
to relieve  the pain.
       c. Take two homeopathic remedies (available at your local heath food
store):
       Apis (for bee stings) and Ladum (for stings/puncture wounds).

And have a good Sukkot!

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->