Klez Kanada

Wow ! Oh! Canada!, takes on new meaning. I shouldn't make a dime !
       The wait staff had made aliote to Eretz Israel for two months this last
year and were pumped. They sang us in to meals. Rabbi Yohah and his wife Rachel
and the children. There was Shabbat and an Eruv, Havdulla, Kosher eats. A rare
and beautiful intermingling of Frum, Orthodox and Reform, a rare treat.
     Our Cook was a 20 year member of the armed forces in Israel a totally
stand up guy. With a point of view on the current situation.
     The staff concerts were world class.
    The student fiddlers were so good you needed to call them violinists.
      We had a Chasid dancing on tables on Shabbat. I think I almost danced on
a table, I don't quite remember. In a French Kanadian context is a Bal Tsuvim a
person who turns as they dance ? Dyslexia aside and all things considered its
a good thing that Yiddish is a spell as you go kind of thing.
     Wex was his wonderful self. Want you all to know that his last book
Schlepping the Exile is a fast and engaging read. Read it twice for nuance. Buy
it twice for Wex. His next is out in 03 on St. Martins press and is the
distillation of his lecture series. Its an essential, read it, buy it. Enjoy !
I won't make a nickel !
   Steve Greenman is the best composer of Niggun on the scene. Hear a melody of
his once and remember it for life.
    Alpert and Goldenshteyn were an total experience ,the real deal. Rocking
Moldovan Magic. Two cents, I won't get !
   "So Called" rocked the joint at the Cabaret. I dug him so much I wanna be
his rhythm dawg. Fonkie ! Don't stop now , kinda get down funk. Loved it. I
shouldn't make a penny !
   Every body was so hip. So Canadian.
    Watts up with dat ? Sue and Elaine, Rockin' hard, much love.
   Gotta blast out to Cali. tomorrow or I would gush some more.
    Frank and Tina and the kids hangin' till the concert in Conn., Joanne Borts
,Miss energy, Arron A, Rocking the boat, Josh D. killa' MC, Adrianne Greenbaum
plays Viola, who knew !, Margot Leverett came on at the Staff concert and
stopped the show with tone and soul, she sounded great. Stew Brotman , Eli
Resenblatt , Zalmon Mlotek  sharing their hard won insights. Mike and Liz who
taught at KK in Cherry Hill attended and added their energy and tallent.
   Pete Sokolow is a great band leader and a musicians musician , a great man.
He and Vera are the best. He's impossible, he can't exist, but there he is, and
he's the only one of the bunch who knows Lenny Cherry AND Herb Rose AND
Atrocious Arocious AND Aldo Cavelli, And, And, And, ad infinitum. Much Love ! I
shouldn't make a 'ting !
   Jeff Warchauer and Deborah Strauss  ! What a Band!  Even if they are a duo.
    Does Christian Dawid ever blow a clam ? I don't think so !
    Pete Rushefsky, Ski!, you's in tune, you 'da man !
   Thanks to all the friendly and talented attendees from all over the globe.
Thanks to Hy and Sandy, what effort, thank you  all !  All the Best, Al Watsky

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->