Re: Question from BBC

I agree with Mel that political discussions are too fraught with
personal baggage to air here... but
at the same time committing one's professional life to Jewish music is
a political act in itself.

My parents had to hide who they were during the war. They even gave me
a Catholic first name.
Yet I can now stand on a stage anywhere in the world, use my Hebrew
name and proudly proclaim
I am a Jew.

I am also disturbed by how aggressive the policies in Israel have
become but in fairness we have never been given the chance to stop
fighting for our very survival
I am amazed at how short our memories are.

Theresa Tova