please respect the list

A quick reminder that there is one person on the list whose job it is to
caution folks who hit the wrong key and accidentally send a message to the
list that was intended privately. I'm that person.

  >   This most recent posting is just one of hundreds of examples of people
>responding to the entire list when they really intend a private

To my regret, this list does not get hundreds of postings in a month. The
number of private messages gone astray is correspondingly smaller.
Consideration and a sense of proportion are most useful.

List participants are reminded to pay attention to the destinations of
messages. The default is to send a message to the entire list. That is good
when one is responding to a discussion; thought is requested when you wish
to reach an individual privately.

As always, if you have questions, comments, or complaints, my e-mail
address is the appropriate one.

Thanks,
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/