Re: Cantor Sirota and "Where is the Yiddish culture of France ?"

I reviewed a cd, 'Talila chant le Yiddish' (pardon my French) some years
ago.  It's in a sort of Brel/Piaf idiom, very different, but also quite
enjoyable.

At 01:12 PM 4/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Benjamin,
>I read your post on the Shamash list with great interest.
>I am a  Yididsh singer who lives in Canada and am coming to Europe to perform
>in  both Holland and Luxembourg at the end of MAY.
>I hope there is more interest in France then you alluded to as I just secured
>a French distributor for my CDs.
>
>Are you a performer or a fan?
>I would be interested in knowing what IS available in terms of Yiddish
>friendly venues?
>My manager is talking with a club in PAris that has a Yiddish night almost
>weekly.
>
>Theresa Tova
>check out my website
>http://www.theresatova.com
><A HREF="http://theresatova.com/";>www.theresatova.com</A>

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American and Jewish Studies
University of Minnesota
100 Ferguson Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612 624-7840 (o)