Cantor Sirota and "Where is the Yiddish culture of France ?"

Hello from France,

I have been living in France most of my life and I am very surprised not to
get the opportunity of listening to Jewish music as often as other European
countries (it seems...)
Recently I asked if the Andy Statman trio would be coming to France and
they told me that they only have dates for Germany. I am surprised and if
this goes on, I might organise a Klezmer/Yiddish festival myself (I shall
be living in Nice next year...) if I can find some help...

Other questions :
1) I have been trying to find info about Gershon Sirota (exceptional
Cantor, really incredible) there are several version of his death, some say
he was gassed along with his family and some say he was murdered during the
Warsaw uprising... Could anyone tell me what really happened to him...
Where could I get information about his life and records ? I try to get 78s
whenever possible but it is very hard for me in Europe. Especially in
France where Ashkenazi culture is pretty underground/forgotten nowadays.

2) I have been looking for French 78rpm records of Jewish music and so far
I have been able to find... NOTHING !!

I also asked a Russian friend of mine and reported the same. I can't
believe everything disappeared. Do you have any suggestions ? 5 I have been
looking at eBay for a long time by the way)

Thanks !