Re: How Could Szpilman Stay in Poland?

One of my friends in Poland was the daughter of the former rektor
(president) of the conservatory in Krakow, probably the best in Poland.  He
was purged from his position in 1967.  (My friend's family took exile in
Britain, she was only visiting relatives).  She, btw, translated the model
Seder I gave, the first event in the history of the arts departments of my
university attended by its rektor.  Very well-attended and many people who
couldn't had heard about it; the place to be in Lublin that night.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music