Re: Recording of Simkha music?

"The Complete Jewish Party Vol 1 by David & The Hish Spirits"

A few years ago, an artist brought in a new Cd of "Simcha Music", I put it on
while he was here and thought this has got to be one of the worst recrdings I
have ever heard.
There were 2 shoppers in the store at the time and both went crazy for the
recording. Since the artist lives in Los Angeles, I "had" to pick up a few
pieces. I thought I might sell 15 5o 20 CDs in a year and that would be it.
To my shock, this turned out to be the biggest seller of "Wedding-Bar Mitzva"
recording I have ever carried...and I have tried them all. I stopped counting
units sold after it hit 3,000; to date, we have sold over 7,000 units of Vol
1 and there are now 4 volumes in this series.

The reason  this Cd is so popular, is that it contains a bit of everything,
and it is extremely peppy. Is it high art, not at all. The artrist even uses
synthsizers on some of the cuts along with orchestration, but ther
arrangements are pure party music and totally for dancing. We get many
requests for "happy Jewish Music" for a weddings or Bar Mitzvahs, and when
the client has no familiarity with Jewish music this is the best generic
recording available.
This recording was used in a weeding scene in the Barbra Steisand movie "The
Mirror Cracked".to view this recoring--there is an instructional video as
well, visit our site at:
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com/cgi-bin/details.pl?key=676

By the way, there is a woman singing on this CD...that shouldn't bother
anybody, should it?

Simon
Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083