Re: Kol Nidrei: Yiddish Songs (or Klezmer)

There are at least two early recordings of instrumental versions of Kol
Nidrei-- by Leon Ahl (violin) and by Max Yankowitz (accordion).  They are
available on compilation tapes from Kurt Bjorling.  Excuse the shameless
self-promotion, but Elie Rosenblatt performs a beautiful rendition of Ahl's Kol
Nidrei on our album "Tsimbl un Fidl:  Klezmer Music for Hammered Dulcimer and
Violin," which of course is available from Simon at www.hatikvahmusic.com.
Zay gesund, Pete Rushefsky
 Bob Wiener <wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com> wrote:Thanks Sam.  Listening to it
right now.  My research has shown that Kol Nidre means very different things to
different people and that is certainly reflected in this selection.  And it's
precisely the sort of thing (without either Kol Nidre or Yom Kippur in the
title) that I wouldn't know but for your help (or if I listened to my whole
record collection). Bob ----- Original Message ----- From: SamWeiss (at)
bellatlantic(dot)net To: World music from a Jewish slant Sent: Monday, February
10, 2003 1:00 PMSubject: Re: Kol Nidrei: Yiddish Songs (or Klezmer)