   Subject: Re: Jewish/Irish music
   From: Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com
   Date: Wed, December 18, 2002 12:07 pm
   To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>

   Though very small, there is quite an active Jewish community in
   Ireland and  it has been very well accepted by non Jews.

   I was recently given a book, "Little Jerusalem" on the Jewish
   community of  Ireland..very interesting.
   Approximately 3 weeks ago, The Jewish Journal in Los Angeles had an
   article  on the Irish-Jewish community as well. It might still be on
   their web site  at:  www.jewishjournal.com

   Evidently a fair amount of Irish music "sounds klezmer"
   Simon