Re: Jewish/Irish music

In a message dated 12/18/2 10:08:49 AM, AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com writes:

<< My interest has been peaked lately via a Celtic recording I received for
Chanuka. One of the tracks has a tune that's like a jazzed up Hatikva
beginning. Yes, I'm aware that this beginning isn't all that unique....
But I began looking into Irish/Jewish culture and finding that I can find
that indeed there is a strong albeit small community - progressive orthodox
in particular - but I cannot find any specific articles or references to the
music.
Any suggestions?
Adrianne

Though very small, there is quite an active Jewish community in Ireland and
it has been very well accepted by non Jews.

I was recently given a book, "Little Jerusalem" on the Jewish community of
Ireland..very interesting.
Approximately 3 weeks ago, The Jewish Journal in Los Angeles had an article
on the Irish-Jewish community as well. It might still be on their web site
at:  www.jewishjournal.com

Evidently a fair amount of Irish music "sounds klezmer"
Simon