Yiddishkayt! ESN! Songs from the Kitchen

I've never felt so at home than in the "kitchen" of the Gindi Theatre at
the University of Judaism, Los Angeles last night!

Adrienne Cooper, Frank London and Lorin Sklamberg amazed us all with
their multitasking as they sang, baked challah, made a beatnik style
borscht, kvetched, cooked up some tzimmes, sang and ode to gefilte fish,
made 3 different kinds of matzo brei, threw in a little Mickey Katz
while at the same time still managed to play the piano, accordion and
trumpet as they explained the joy of Jewish cooking and its significance
to their faith, culture and traditions from their own childhoods and the
generations that came before.  NOTHING BURNED!  ;)  In fact, just to
prove how tight their performance really was, just as Mr. London was
finishing up a before meal prayer, the timer for the challah sounded!
 It could not have been more perfect.  Even better - after the
performance, we all got to sample the dishes they made while we
congregated with the artists.  What a wonderful time we had singing
about food!  The performance was wonderful and I wish I were able to go
back and see them do it all over again tonight, but my own sudden
craving for matzo brei compels me to stay close to the kitchen and cook
up a storm for my own family.  :)

I hope the trio will be touring this act around - It was really a
spectacular feat!  Bravo to Lorin, Adrienne and Frank for pulling this
off, and hope to see you again soon!  Thanks again also to Susan Lerner
and everyone at Yiddishkayt L.A.  for bringing this event to Los Angeles.

Jill