OT: HTML Encoded Letters

Dear Listers,

Is it just me, or are more and more letters being submitted with HTML coding.
None of the other listservs that I am on allow HTML encoded letters. I may be
a minority of one here, but my ancient crippled AOL browser does not decode
any non-AOL HTML encoded letters, so all I get is a bunch of HTML markup
gibberish with the real letter hidden within. I find this very frustrating
and usually toss the letter without struggling to read it.

Ari, is there any list protocol covering this?

Is anyone else bothered by this?

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett