OT: HTML Encoded Letters

Dear Listers,

Is it just me, or are more and more letters being submitted with HTML coding.
None of the other listservs that I am on allow HTML encoded letters. I may be
a minority of one here, but my ancient crippled AOL browser does not decode
any non-AOL HTML encoded letters, so all I get is a bunch of HTML markup
gibberish with the real letter hidden within. I find this very frustrating
and usually toss the letter without struggling to read it.

Ari, is there any list protocol covering this?

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett
Composer/Arranger/Producer