Re: Scarborough Fair tune/simkhe dissonance

Shira, of course I totally agree with you.  With this in mind, I am
currently (and extremely slowly) editing video of the dance workshop
that was given here in February to make it available in VHS or DVD
formats for people to learn from.  The Jewish world needs to take more
pride in our traditional culture, not be embarrassed by it, as many seem
to be.  As Helen has pointed out recently, look at the other European
cultures who have strong identification with their traditional dance
forms, as community expressions as well as refined performances:  Greek,
Irish, Mexican, Polish, etc., etc.  There is no reason we shouldn't have
the equivalent dance repetoire to call on, so we all know what we are
doing, and can express pride and unity in this unifying activity.  Oy, I
could go on forever, but I'll stop now...for a while.
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->