Addendum Re: Beregovski

Susan etc.
Thanks for the clarification...yes I am referring to the
Slobin etal "Klezmer-like" collection, in my query for
editing help. I agree whole heartedly that the diverse
range of Jewish music is valuable... the current band I am
working with 'though happens to feel itself a Klezmer
group. I HAVE coaxed them into adding a little of the
"Israeli" folk and wedding standards 1. because they are
beautiful and 2. because folks at weddings and Bar/Bat
Mitzvahs know 'em, love 'em and dance to them!
Colin
cer7q (at) virginia(dot)edu

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:30:27 -0700 Susan Lerner
<meydele (at) ix(dot)netcom(dot)com> wrote:
> There are 2 volumes of Beregovski collections which have been published in
> the US.
>There is a second volume which was recently published,
Jewish Instrumental Folk Music: The Collections and
Writings of Moshe Beregovski, editted by Mark Slobin,
Robert A. Rothstein, Michael Alpert, and Izaly Zemtsovsky.
I assume that is the volume that the initial inquiry
referred to, as it includes a CD. It is that volume that
can more appropriately be called "klezmer."  The nature of
the Beregovski collection was the topic of a lecture by
Mark Slobin, Michael Alpert and Jim Loeffler at the
Eldridge Street Shul last month.  Anyone attend?