  From: Sandra Layman
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 11:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Terkishe vs Terkisher

  [snip]

  So the -er ending is correct, no matter what the gender or number or case.
This rule applies to adjectives derived not just from cities and towns, but
also from other geographical entities. (Terkisher is still an adjective, since
"tants" is understood.)

  "Terkisher" with the "e" (and not a "u") is correct.

  HTH,
  Sandra