Artie Shaw and Yiddish music

The thread about Benny Goodman and Yiddish music got me wondering that other
great Jewish swing clarinetist, Artie Shaw, ever drew on Yiddish music. He
makes no reference to it in his autobiography and says he completely
rejected his Jewishness until fairly late in life. However, at the end of
'Dr. Livingston I Presume?' (it's on "The Complete Gramercy Five Sessions,"
reissued on Bluebird), Shaw plays a tune called "Rusishe Kamarinska". It
sounds like he'd played some bulgars and freylekhs in his career. Does
anyone know the story behind this recording? Is it unique in his
discography?

Thanks,
Ben Holmes