Re: Benny Goodman

One of my bar mitsve students (I help prepare kids for their bar and bas
mitsves at a secular Jewish Sunday school here in LA) has chosen that discreet
and manageable topic "Jewish Musicians."  With a little prodding, he's narrowed
it down a bit to Benny Goodman and Leonard Bernstein.  We are hoping the list
can help with 2 questions we have about Benny Goodman:

1. Is there any information about Goodman's feelings about his Jewishness?  Any
comments he made or letters written that would be helpful, or a particular bio
which discusses this?

2. Did he arrange or record any Jewish songs?

Undoubtedly, we'll have some questions in a few weeks about Leonard Bernstein.
;-)
Thanks for your help!
Shira Lerner