Re: "well-tempered"?

>Who you calling fretboy?  I'm a tsimblist, not a guitar player!

My apologies, stick-boy.

> But as a lowly fiddle player, you got it easy, because you do it
> automatically by ear.

Maybe I do, but that kind of talk is inappropriate here. There may be ladies
lurking.

>  Only problem is when some fretboy or piano
> player comes along and wrecks the intonation.

Truth is, I can do a pretty fair job of wrecking it all by myself.

I think any fretless string player who is more honest than conceited will
admit that a well-tuned piano is better in tune than we will ever be.
On second thought, I may have just defined an empty set, as the math-boys
would say.

Joshua "He sure do pull some bow" Huppert