From: <AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: Budowitz concert on internet radio

In a message dated 3/15/02 10:28:42 AM, klezmusic (at) earthlink(dot)net writes:

<< > Is it true that Budowitz has no agents in the US and no one has asked
them

> to come back there?? Budowitz has become a cult band here in Europe and
it´s

> hard to believe that Americans are not interested in them.

They are indeed a cult here too! At least for some of us anyway. The problem

is that, for the most part, the average American isn't much interested in

anything that hasn't been shoved onto their plates (or ears) by the mass

media conglomerate. >>

I second that feeling, as many do. It is so true that they don't get near
the
exposure they deserve. Not even close. But maybe once people get used to
Josh
living *IN* the US they'll access him and his guys a lot more. I sure would
hope for that for there are indeed those of us Amercian hicks who hang onto
their every note and word and would like to learn that they're being
appreciated more.
If only I were an agent....
ag