Re: Newsweek article

I believe it was the Marquis de Sade (or my Bubbe Leonora -- I always
confuse them) who said, "No good deed goes unpunished. I went back
through the archives of the list to see what stuff hit the fan around
Shirona's original posting of the Onion piece (I was having server
trouble and was only getting about every third message from the list)
and realized that my appeal to Ari to get us back on topic was probably
taken as a response to her original posting.

If that is the case my sincere apologies to Shirona -- I had already
received the Onion piece and loved it. My reaction was to the person who
chose to read it as an opportunity to attack Dubya from the Likudnik
right. That was what I considered to be inappropriate.

Personally I think satire of music is always pertinent on this list. I
just didn't want to get into a wrangle over the question of a
Palestinian state. (If you really care what I think on that question,
ask me off list sometime when I'm in a better mood.)

(By the way, did you know that trying to read this list in archive form
is about as much fun as trying to nail jello to a tree? One more reason
for me to kick my ISP's butt.)

Best,
George (Marquis de Matzo Balls) Robinson

--
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing