-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of shirona
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 9:34 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Newsweek article

Dear Ari and all,

Please forgive the self serving and non-musical nature of this posting - but
after being "close to traumatized" by some of the negative reactions to my
recommending the Onion to this list ( some members suggested taking me off
the list! ) - I can't help but feel somewhat vindicated...

This week's Newsweek dedicated a half page to - - - The Onion!
 Furthermore - the very two articles I recommended were featured with
photos.

Here are some quotes:

"I don't think the act of laughter negates the act of crying. The two are
not mutually exclusive"

"Sarcasm and irony are tools used by people who really do care... people
employ irony and sarcasm - we do - because we're bothered by false
sentiment..."

Off to celebrate Simchat Torah.  As the Hassidic song goes - "mitzvah g'dola
li'hiyot besimcha, li'hiot besimcha tamid..."

;-)
Shirona
- -
* * *  Singer / Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music * * *
          www.shirona.com <http://www.shirona.com>

          Listen to Shirona's music on:
          www.mp3.com/shirona <http://www.mp3.com/shirona>
-