Re: Maxwell Street Re-Release Announcement

This is neat news. I really, really liked that album, and gave it a nice review
as one of the very first reviews on the KlezmerShack, back (not so many years
ago, now that I think about it, but eons in web time) at

http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/maxwellst/days/maxwellst.days.html

ari

At 05:55 PM 7/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:

> We have re-released our 1992 recording (the album formerly known as Maxwell
> Street Wedding) as a self-produced album with the title Zisse Kinder Yorn/
> Sweet Early Years.
>
> Featuring vocals by myself, Marcia Sterling and Alex Koffman, the album has a
>
> nice mix of traditional and original settings of klezmer and Yiddish songs.
> Track listing: S'iz Freylech Bei Yidn/Odessa Bulgar, Beit Mich a Bissele,
> Rumanian Rhapsody, Kinder Yorn, Kadril, Abi Gezunt, Russian-Jewish Wedding,
> Wissotsky's Tea, Tosca Po Rodine, Ocho Kandelikas, Baym Rebn in Palestina,
> Papirosn, L'Shmoa and Chassidic in America.
>
> The boxes really bulk up here in the office, so we'd be happy to send them
> out to anyone on our e-mailing list for $15 with no shipping fee.  If you
> would like one, please send $15 to Sweet Years Account with your name and
> mailing address.  If you would like a review promo, please email me back with
>
> your mailing address.
>
> If you would like to wait, we should be able to have some selections from the
>
> album on the website sometime in August for your perusal.
>
> Since this album never received wide circulation, I would be interested in
> any feedback that anyone who gets a copy might have for us.
>
> Thanks for letting me take your time for a small promotion.
>
> Lori Lippitz
> Maxwell Street Klezmer Band

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/