Re: The Fate of WEVD-partisan opinion

>From: Rachael Kafrissen <rokhl (at) mindspring(dot)com>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: The Fate of WEVD-partisan opinion
>Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:03:23 -0400
>
>There are a couple of other issues here. While you are right, that the
>bulk of programming on WEVD isn't terribly great, it does have unique
>programs that my parents, long-time WEVD listeners, love, like Bill
>Mazur's talk show (which is not all sports, by the way.)  WEVD is also one
>of the last (if the not the last) independently owned, commercial radio
>stations in the New York city market. This is increasingly significant in
>a radio landscape whose very nature is totally controlled by a handful of
>decision makers (i.e.- programmers for conglomerates like Clear Channel).
-----------------------------
SORRY THERE ARE NO ISSUES HERE...i understand the dissappointment and the
sadness at the demise of wevd's jewish content.  I understand the loss to
the Jewish community.  BUT COME ON!!!! this is a private company that made a
decision for itself.  they have that right.  it is one of the preveleges of
ownership.  if there are enough who want that kind of programing, form a new
station.  obviously there were no longer enough listeners to get the ratings
for commecial support.  ECONOMICS 101.

Winston Weilheimer
Host/OWNER
NUSACH INTERNET RADIO NETWORK