Re: tower (was "pistol")

In one of the all-time greatest movies, "The Philadelphia Story," Katherine
Hepburn (OK, Tracy Lord--same difference, I suspect, in this case), speaking
to ex- and future husband Cary Grant, describes George (!--I think, anyway),
the rather dour, very straitlaced, very proper dude that she's all set to
marry, as "a tower of strength," or some such.  To which Grant quite aptly
replies, "No, he's just a tower."

--Robert Cohen, a conning tower indeed