Re: Nature Boy

Bob,
I've never had the pleasure of hearing any of your talks. I suspect
they'd be entertaining and enlightening. I wasn't asking anyone to
divulge material that's part of a performance set; I was asking about
facts in the public domain. I have been told that the tune and/or the
lyrics (I don't remember which, if not both) had roots in Yiddish theater
or somewhere else in the Yiddish music realm.

The person to whom the song Nat King Cole sang was ascribed
was Eden Ahbez,  described as a "yogi" and a white man, (as far
as can be determined from photographs on a web site describing
him). Nat King Cole was a pioneer in breaking "white-only" barriers
in the wider American popular music market, including TV.
Lee

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->