Re: Nerdy question: Yiddish songbooks

Although this may not be a definitive scholarly mailing list, I think the
posting of scholarly questions on this list performs a valuble function;
i.e., it informs the masses of research that is going on in the area of
Jewish music.  Prior to joining this list, I had no knowledge of this whole
area.  I don't meet a lot of Jewish ethnomusicologists here in Calgary,
Alberta, Canada.  Now that I am aware of the activities going on, I make a
point of informing others and they are thankful.  I include it in any little
dance demos I give.  So, although we may not provide answers to the
questions, we can help spread the word.
Helen