Re: Eyn Keyloheynu

Wonderfully thorough and enlightening--Thank you!

It's disquieting that some of the sources that we look to as authoritative
in themselves are not always faithful, apparently, to the evidence.

Now we can move on to the really important issue, which is:  What
else--other than this dreadfully uninspired sing-song--can we sing Ein
Kelokeinu *to*?

Actually, Shlomo had a wonderful one (maybe one of his later melodies--not
sure); more to come on that anon.  Arba'ah Kolot recorded a pleasant enough,
but not deeply inspiring, one--though maybe only Shlomo could come up with a
melody that transcends the rather simple (even if profound in meaning) text
and send you soaring.  Or Hakesef, if I'm remembering the name right,
recorded a fine, bracing Sephardic melody, which is no doubt recorded on
some Sephardic albums, probably some of which I have.  And I think Isabelle
(?) recorded another with Alhambra?

Do others know of/daven to inspiring alternative Ein Kelokeinus?

--Robert Cohen