Re: Eyn Keyloheynu

At 7:32 PM -0400 5/15/01, Robert Cohen wrote:
>Now we can move on to the really important issue, which is:  What
>else--other than this dreadfully uninspired sing-song--can we sing
>Ein Kelokeinu *to*?

I learned a melody for Eyn Keylokeynu at B'nai Jacob, a synagogue in
Mendota Heights near St. Paul, Minnesota.  Since I've mostly attended
services there on Peysekh, I don't know whether this is specifically
a festival melody or one they use all the time.  Nor do I know where
it comes from.

So, I sang a verse into my computer and uploaded it to a page on my
website.  You can download it at
http://www.ganeydn.com/soundfiles.html .   It's 180K in size.

If anyone knows where this melody comes from, please let us all know.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340